- Plain Yogurt375 Milliliter(s)
- Lemon30 Milliliter(s)Zest and juice
- Sesame butter30 Milliliter(s)tahini
- Chopped Garlic30 Milliliter(s)
- Dried Rosemary5 Milliliter(s)
- Ground Cumin1 Teaspoon(s)
- Dried Thyme1 Teaspoon(s)
- PepperAs needed
- SaltAs needed
- Light Mayonnaise80 Milliliter(s)
- Oil1 Teaspoon(s)
- Boneless Chicken Breasts750 Gram(s)boneless chicken breasts cut in half thick (about 4 breasts)
Here is the recipe for the famous Lebanese Shish Taouk, or chicken kebab. These are delicious skewers of chicken marinated in lemon, spices and yogurt. Can be presented on a plate with rice and grilled vegetables, or as a sandwich with raw vegetables and one or more sauces.
Prepare the condiments
First of all, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, zest and lemon juice, sesame butter, garlic and spices. Add a generous amount of pepper and a pinch of salt.
Then take 250 ml (1 cup) of the marinade and pour it into a medium bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and set aside for serving.
You can try beyti kebab recipe.
Add the chicken to the marinade (without the mayonnaise) and mix well.
Cooking Shish Taouk Steps
Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using a kitchen brush, brush the pan with oil.
Place the chicken and cook for 5 or 6 minutes on each side. If necessary, proceed in two stages depending on the size of the pan.
Finally, serve with the reserved sauce. Serve with rice and a salad or serve in a pita garnished with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.
You can Keep it 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.