- Fish1.5-2 Kilogram(s)sea bream, bar etc
- Stems of Lemongrass4 Piece(s)lightly crushed
- Banana1 Leaf50 cm long
- Chicken Broth1 Cup(s)homemade chicken broth
- Palm Sugar2 Tablespoon(s)
- Lime Juice6 Teaspoon(s)
- Fish Sauce4 Teaspoon(s)
- Garlic Cloves12 Piece(s)finely chopped
- Chillie4 Piece(s)finely chopped birds
- Coriander20 Piece(s)stalks with finely chopped leaves
The Smoked Sea Bream fish (Pla Kapong Neung Manao ปลา กะพง นึ่ง มะนาว) is a very popular dish in Thailand and is easy to make you just follow those steps to make the perfect and tasty Smoked fish.
Prepare the fish
Make 3 deep cuts on each side of the fish and fill the cavity with lemongrass.
Wrap the fish in the banana leaf and steam for 15 to 20 minutes
Make the sauce
Heat the chicken broth and stir in the palm sugar and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
Chop the garlic, chilies and coriander and add them to the broth with the fish sauce and lime juice.
Serve the Smoked Sea Bream
Put the fish on a platter and pour the sauce on top, making sure to put all the garlic, coriander and chilli pieces over the fish.
For more seafood recipe click here.
Eat with hot scented rice.